The holiday season is a time for celebrating with friends and family, but it can also be a time when our fitness routines take a back seat. We get it, we’re all human!
With all of the parties, gatherings, and tempting treats, it can be difficult to maintain our regular workout routines and healthy eating habits. But don’t worry, there are plenty of ways to stay fit during the holiday season. Here are the top 10 ways to maintain your fitness during the holidays:
- Plan ahead: The key to success is planning ahead. Take some time before the holiday season starts to think about how you will fit fitness into your schedule. This can include scheduling workouts on your calendar, packing workout clothes and equipment when traveling, and planning healthy meals and snacks.
- Stay active: The holidays are a busy time, but it’s important to make time for physical activity. Try to incorporate movement into your daily routine, whether it’s taking a walk after a holiday meal, dancing at a party, or playing a fun active game with your family. Every little bit of activity adds up and can help keep you fit.
- Keep it simple: Don’t try to do too much during the holiday season. Instead, focus on simple and effective workouts that you can do even when you are short on time. This can include bodyweight exercises, short HIIT workouts, or even just a brisk walk or jog.
- Stay hydrated: Dehydration can not only affect your fitness, but it can also make you feel sluggish and foggy. Make sure to drink plenty of water throughout the day, especially during the holiday season when you may be indulging in more treats and alcohol.
- Eat mindfully: It’s okay to indulge in holiday treats, but try to do so mindfully. Enjoy your favourite foods, but also make sure to include plenty of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains in your diet. And remember, moderation is key. Need a hand? We can help!
- Avoid stress: The holiday season can be stressful, but try to avoid letting stress sabotage your fitness routine. Take some time for yourself, practice relaxation techniques, and make sure to get enough sleep to help keep stress levels in check.
- Be consistent: Consistency is key when it comes to fitness. Even if you can’t stick to your usual routine, try to maintain some level of consistency with your workouts and healthy habits. This can help keep you on track and prevent you from falling too far off the fitness wagon.
- Work out with friends or family: The holidays are a great time to work out with friends and family. Not only will this provide motivation and accountability, but it can also be a fun way to spend time together and make fitness a part of your holiday traditions. Come join us at a group class – bring a friend or family member!
- Stay positive: It’s normal to have slip-ups and indulge in treats during the holiday season, but try not to beat yourself up about it. Instead, focus on the positive and remind yourself of the progress you have made and the goals you are working towards.
- Have fun: Above all, make sure to have fun and enjoy the holiday season. Fitness is important, but it’s also important to take time to relax and enjoy the company of loved ones. So don’t stress too much about your fitness routine and remember to have fun.
We know the holiday season can be a challenging time for maintaining your fitness over the holidays, but with a little planning and effort, it is possible to stay fit and healthy. By following these top 10 tips, you can enjoy the holidays while still taking care of your fitness!
We have an AMAZING 2023 New Years program kicking off – spaces are limited and filling up fast! Book your spot and find out more today!